A very wise woman (Ev’ Yan, creator of Apricot-Tea.com, which is a newly discovered fav of mine) recently issued a challenge to the readers of her blog: List five things that you are loving about yourself right now. I thought that was a great idea. Like many women, I often find myself too focused on things about myself that I don’t like. Her simple post touched me. It helped me to remember that I should do a little less fixating on my bad traits and a lot more celebrating of the lovable things that I have going on.
Here are my answers:
- I love the space in between my two front teeth. It’s a sweet imperfection. You can’t see it in my pics but I promise it is there. It’s a family trait that I adore.
- I love that I am such a huge bookworm. I can get so swept up in my novels that I audibly react to the storylines. If some part of the book is funny I giggle or if some part is shocking I gasp or if some part is tragic is get a little misty-eyed. This in and of itself is not so unusual if you typically do your reading while reclining poolside. But it can be a tad awkward when you’re sandwiched in between strangers in the NYC subway during rush hour and giggling like a fool with your eyes glued to a hardcover.
- I love that I have three favorite colors. For me, the color wheel is like an ice cream shop. All the flavors, all the choices are sweet. Chances are that you will enjoy more than one flavor and if you mix and match them, the end result is divine. Oh, and my color fav’s are Citrusy Yellow, Citrusy Green and all shades of Pink.
- I love that folks would never guess that I have a wicked sweet tooth. How I manage to keep my figure is equal parts mystery & blessing. Especially considering the fact that my workout dvds have been getting zero rotation lately! It is rare that I run into a slice of cake that I don’t love. Instead of Cookie Monster, call me the Cake Monster. Yes. It is that serious. 🙂 Lol.
- And lastly, I love love love my Big Untamed Kinky Coily Hair!